Total Pageviews

Monday, October 25, 2010

Engaging the Hearts and Minds...

Well, all of you are having lunch and I am gearing up here for dinner! It seems strange to be here when all of you are on a different time zone, but alas, that will soon change upon my return. Beloved Auriole, I am certain is missing my pestering on a daily basis, but alas, she is still getting some of it from afar...the show must go on with PART despite my being across the pond.

So today, I presented to a group of field instructors about knowledge exchange. My host and moderator today was Dr. John Pinkerton (http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofSociologySocialPolicySocialWork/Staff/AcademicStaff/JohnPinkerton/)
John Pinkerton and you know who again!
who is himself, an expert in the area of evidence based and informed practice. This group of engaged colleagues were very interested in hearing about PART....What John pointed out was that in a way PART is a model of community development and working at the macro level. He said that we at PART are engaging the 'hearts and minds' child welfare practitioners and allowing them to embrace Evidence-Informed Practice. Lovely and poetic...I spoke of my role as an advocate for evidence-informed practice. Although the group was highly engaged they were concerned that staff here would see using this material as 'overtime' and would be resistant to engaging with webinars, and more reading materials. Despite this, they found the use of technology fascinating.

Queen's University
A few more interesting photos of Belfast for those of you non-evidence-informed, family friend, followers!

Tonight I am out with the gals (attending a Belfast book club never having read the book!) and tomorrow it is a busy day meeting with key players from the Children's Bureau of Northern Ireland. They are keeping me busy here! Thanks to all of you for following and I love to receive your comments. Katharine
The house I am staying at!

No comments:

Post a Comment